Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Saturday 18 February 2017

the social heart project yarnbomb



On Valentine's Day I took part in One Social Girl Meredith's annual yarnbomb for the fourth time. It's always such a lovely thing to join in with - spreading a tiny bit of handmade and a message of love where you live. This year, the #sheepishheartbomb became #thesocialheartproject and it was another chance to do something positive in real life and see the results of everyone's efforts online. Here's what I got up to over lunch in Bristol. 



Yes, I felt super self-conscious taking a bunch of crochet hearts out of my pocket and tying them to a gate, you know, just in the park in the middle of the day. But I'm hoping maybe this encouraged somebody. And that makes the small gesture worth it. 

Check out the #thesocialheartproject hashtag on Instagram to see everybody's crafty love notes out in communities around the world. Did you join in? I'll be stitching and sharing again next year!


1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I hope many hearts find ppl.

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...